While at SHOT Show last week it was brought to our attention that the CRKT CEO has been counterfeited. The knock-offs are extremely similar to the CRKT version. So much so that we felt it was important to make you aware of what to be on the look-out for.
In all photos the counterfeit is on the bottom with the genuine version on the top.
The differences are minor and may be undetectable unless a real model is held up next to the knock-off. The following details appear on the counterfeits:
- On the blade the text and graphic are slightly larger
- The clip is thicker and slightly more curved
- The liners are thicker
- On the inside of the locking liner there is a cut-out hole
- On the back, the pivot screw is not flush - this is the most noticeable difference
- Thumb-stud is slightly thicker and higher
- Blade is thicker
Please realize that the CRKT warranty is not applicable to the knock-offs and as such will not be honored. A counterfeit was brought to the booth, during SHOT, that had been purchased off of Amazon.
Price seems to be the determining factor. Ebay and other sites listing prices below $40 are to be viewed as suspect. If the price sounds too good to be true it is probably a counterfeit.
The best thing to do is buy from a reputable source and be very suspect of prices below $40.